NOTE: APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
The province announced a one-time payment of up to $5,000 for businesses directly impacted by public heath orders related to COVID-19.
The Saskatchewan Small Business Emergency Payment (SSBEP) program can be used for any purpose by small and medium-sized businesses, which includes ongoing fixed costs or reopening once the pandemic is over.
The SSBEP program has been expanded to be more applicable for seasonal businesses such as those affected by provincial travel restrictions to and from Northern Saskatchewan as well as to provincial parks. For the purposes of the SSBEP program a seasonal business is a business that carries on business only for part of a year.
The SSBEP program has been extended to the month of May to provide payments to businesses that continue to be ordered to temporarily close or significantly curtail operations through a public health order following May 19, 2020.
How Is the Payment Calculated?
The payment is based on 15% of your business's monthly sales revenue in either April 2019 or February 2020. You can choose either of those months to calculate the payment.
For seasonal businesses, payments are based on 15% of a business's average monthly sales revenue, based on the full months that the business carried on operations in 2019
The maximum payment is $5,000 per business per eligibility period.
To be eligible for a payment in the second eligibility period, a business must meet all of the above eligibility requirements and continue to be ordered to temporarily close or substantially curtail operations through a public health order after May 19, 2020
Is My Business Eligible?
To be eligible, a Saskatchewan business or not-for-profit must:
- Have been carrying on business in Saskatchewan on February 29, 2020
- Have been ordered to temporarily close or curtail operations through a COVID-19 public health order
- Have less than 500 employees
- Attest they have experienced a loss in revenue due to a COVID-19 public health order and plan to reopen operations following the cancellation of the COVID-19 public health order
- And have not received any payments or amounts from any other sources, including insurance, to replace or compensate for the loss of sales revenue other than amounts from other government assistance programs
For seasonal businesses, the above eligibility requirements apply with a modification to the number of employees. They must have less than 500 employees:
- in the year before the COVID-19 public health order; or
- when averaged for the 3 years before the COVID-19 public health order
How Do I Apply?
You can fill out an application form online. The application is due before July 31, 2020. If you provide direct deposit information, you should receive payment within 5 business days of submitting the application.
It is recommended that you read the application instructions prior to completing the online form.
If you’d like to learn more about this or other COVID-19 programs for Canadian businesses, please call us at 1-800-265-1002 or email [email protected] Unlimited consultation related to tax matters is a key benefit of FBC Membership. You can also book a free online consultation.
Visit our COVID-19 Resource Centre for the latest information, advice and insights for small business owners.